The Douglas Hospital Research Centre is:
- The largest research centre in mental health in Québec and the 2nd most important in Canada.
- A center affiliated with McGill University
- A production of more than 400 scientific publications per year.
- A research centre embedded in a hospital, member of the Centre Intégré Universitaire de Santé et de Services Sociaux (CIUSSS) de l’Ouest-de-l’île-de-Montréal
- Eight (8) Canada Research Chairs
- Eminent Researchers, three of which are among the most highly cited neuroscientists in the world.
- A unique brain bank (the Douglas-Bell Canada Brain bank) containing nearly 3000 brains of individuals who suffered from neurological or psychiatric diseases, as well as healthy subjects.
- The success rate of our researchers at the last competition of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research in March 2017 was 30%, which is higher than the national average.